Table of Contents
1. First error I met is at during installation.
After clicked OK button, installation was able to complete.
2. Second error message is popped up when tried to run SmarConsole applications, such as SmartDashboard, SmartTrack, SmartMonitor etc.
This error is common happened. Google Internet for “The program can’t start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer.”. You will get tons of solutions. Basically just need to install one of following Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package :
32 bit: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555
64 bit: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14632
3. Finally I got the SmarDashboard Log in Window:
Typed username , password and mgmt server ip address, clicked login. SmartDashboard window disappeared at loading application data at 15%.
1. Install R77.10 SmartConsole first
2. Install R77.20 SmartConsole
Another troubleshooting tool from Checkpoint is traceutil.exe:
To enable logs in UI do the following:
1) Open the TraceUtil.exe found under the Smart Console install directory (C:Program Files (x86)CheckPointSmartConsoleR77.10PROGRAM)
2) Check enabled in Endpoint Security Console, and output to file, you should select a location of the file with ‘…’ button
3) Under the topics click add , type ALL in topic and 5 in level, click OK
4) Click Apply on the dialog, next time you will run the Endpoint Management, logs would be created.
The logs may be ok to send to Checkpoint support, but not useful for me to figure out the problem I were facing.