CloudSigma is 100% Swiss-owned and based cloud service provider, which offers 15 cloud locations (as of June 2023) in Europe, APAC and the United States. It claims customers have complete control and flexibility over their cloud environments. Run any operating system unmodified (including Linux, Windows, FreeBSD and more). Craft your environment as you like with completely flexible server sizing, high availability, tiered storage, advanced networking and incredible performance.
Table of Contents
Free Features and Facts
- CloudSigma can be tried for free without registration, but the problem is that it only lasts 60 minutes, which is mostly enough for small testing and running some commands.
- Inbound port 22 is the only port opened to the internet.
- After registration, you can enjoy a 7-day trial. The maximum configuration of the machine is 1C2G 50G.
- Founded 2009 in Switzerland
- Approx. 50 employees
- Fifteen Cloud locations (Europe, the US, Middle East and APAC)
- ISO 27001/ISO 27017/ISO 27018 Certified Public Cloud
Instant Access to Free VPS
It will last an hour long for this free VPS.
Simple Server Creation
2. Select OS
There are many other servers availabe including Windows OS, but it won’t fit into this kind of free VPS usage.
3. SSH Key and Cloudinit
You wont have to generate SSH key or create Cloudinit config. Just click create button to use username and password to process.
System information as of Sat Jun 10 11:27:15 PM UTC 2023 System load: 0.0546875 Processes: 91 Usage of /: 56.7% of 9.74GB Users logged in: 1 Memory usage: 10% IPv4 address for ens3: 18.104.22.168 Swap usage: 0% Last login: Sat Jun 10 23:13:53 2023 from 22.214.171.124 cloudsigma@Ubuntu-22-04:~$
- apt update -y && apt install -y curl wget sudo
- curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
- curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s — -i -4
Only Port 22 Open
Starting Nmap 7.40 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2023-06-10 23:12 UTC Nmap scan report for host-101-16-36-104.cloudsigma.net (126.96.36.199) Host is up (0.067s latency). PORT STATE SERVICE 21/tcp filtered ftp 22/tcp open ssh 23/tcp filtered telnet 80/tcp filtered http 110/tcp filtered pop3 143/tcp filtered imap 443/tcp filtered https 3389/tcp filtered ms-wbt-server Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.27 seconds
Use Ngrok to Tunnel Other Ports
- snap install ngrok
- ngrok config add-authtoken xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- apt install nginx
- ngrok http 80
- screen -S nginx
- ngrok http 80