Previous Background Posts for JunOS Space
- Install JUNOS Space Virtual Appliance at ESXi 5.5
- Installation of Junos Space Security Director and Managing Juniper Firewall
- Juniper vSRX Firewall (Firefly Perimeter) installation in ESXi and Managed by JunOS Space
- Import Existing Juniper SRX Cluster into JunOS Space Security Director
Junos Space Security Director (previously known as Security Design) is an application on the Junos Space platform, which manages Networks SRX Series Services Gateways.
It helps administrators quickly manage all phases of security policy life cycle for stateful firewall, security intelligence (leveraging threat feeds from Spotlight Secure cloud for protection against Web application attacks, command and control related threats, botnets, and local data feeds), unified threat management (UTM), intrusion prevention system (IPS), AppFW, VPN, and Network Address Translation (NAT).
Junos Space is Juniper’s comprehensive network management solution that simplifies and automates management of Juniper’s switching, routing, and security devices. It includs:
- Junos Space Network Management Platform
- Junos Space Content Director (aka Media Flow Activate)
- Junos Space Cloud CPE Selfcare Application
- Junos Space Network Director
- Junos Space Security Director
- Junos Space Services Activation Director
- Junos Space Virtual Director
- Junos Space Service Now/Service Insight
In this instruction post, Junos Space Security Director will be added into JunOS Space Network Management Platform installed in previous post. It will be used to manage one vSRX, which also installed in prevous post.
1. Download Security Director installation image for JunOS Space
It can be downloaded from JunOS Software Download site.
2. Add it into Administration – Applications
3. Check it from Jobs – Job Management
After confirmed Security Director added into Space, install it from Administration->Applications->Add Application place. Click install button beside Upload via SCP button. During installation, you can check the progress from Jobs->Job Management window as show below:
4. Security Director Installed
5. Manage vSRX Policy (to be continued) Part3
5.1 Import vSRX policy
5.2 Change Policy
5.3 Publish and Update
a. Security Director User Guide – Juniper Networks