Some notes saved in this post for installing an IBM Guardium collector and registering into Central manager.
- Reset CLI User Account
- Integrate Collector with Aggregator
- Load the Guardium ISO.
- When the system boots, you will be presented with the following screen.
- Choose “Standard Installation (non CM)” for the collectors
- Choose “Aggregator or Central Manager (CM)” for the Central Manager
- The installation process will take about 15 minutes.
- After the installation completes, login from the console as cli (password=guardium)
- Reset and make note of the cli password
- Perform the following configuration commands:
store network interface mask <subnet_mask>
store network routes defaultroute <default_router_ip>
store system hostname <host_name>
store system domain <domain_name>
- Confirm that you configured each setting correctly.
- Enter “restart network” to apply network changes or “restart system” to reboot the VM
- Confirm that you can access the machine via ssh and web GUI (https://<IP>:8443)
show network interface all show network routes defaultroute show network resolver all show system hostname show system domain show system clock timezone show system clock datetime show system ntp all show unit type
CLI -> support show passkey root
CLI -> support reset-password root (password is ‘t0Tach’)
Note: Keep the ‘Root Passkey’ in a safe place
CLI access is an administrative tool that allows configuration, troubleshooting, and management of the
• To change the cli password: ‘store user password’
• To change the cli expiration password:
‘show password expiration cli n’
‘store password expiration cli n’
• show password disable and store password disable .
̶ Sets the number of days of inactivity, after which user accounts will be disabled. When set to 0 (zero), no accounts will be disabled by inactivity.
• show password validation and store password validation [ON|OFF].
̶ When password validation is enabled, the password must be eight or more characters in length, and must include at least one uppercase alphabetic character (A-Z), one lowercase alphabetic character (a-z), one digit (0-9), and one special character from the table. When disabled (not recommended), any length or combination of characters is allowed.
GUI Users – Accessmgr user
Accessmgr user is used to manage user accounts/access to the Guardium application, consisting of four tasks: Default password is guardium.
̶ Account administration
CLI -> support show passkey accessmgr
note: If the admin password is lost, accessmgr account can reset it.
GUI Users – Admin user
Reset CLI User Account
- Shutdown the appliance
- Mount the V10 ISO image to the appliance and boot the appliance from the V10 ISO.
- As soon as the appliance boots from the ISO, below screen displays. Use the “Rescue Mode”
- Select the appropriate Language.
- Select the appropriate keyboard layout.
- Do Not Setup Networking. Hit the “No” button.
- Hit the “Continue” button as SAN activation OR Read-Only mode won’t be required for mere password reset.
- Hit the “OK” button after reading the message.
- Hit the “OK” button after reading the message of the mounted directory as /mnt/sysimage.
- Select the “shell Start shell” option and hit “OK” button.
- CAUTION – You will land on to a minroot shell
- CAUTION – execute the command “chroot /mnt/sysimage” and hit the “Return” key on the keyboard to
- get the root command prompt to modify the cli password. Execute the command “passwd cli” in order to
- input the new password.
- Further it will ask for re-typing of the new password.
- Remember the new cli password that was set. Execute the command “poweroff” to shutdown the appliance.
- Unmount the V10 ISO image and start the appliance.
- Login with the new cli password.
Integrate Collector with Aggregator
Central Management Registration
Registering from a Managed Unit
- Archive Configuration: Not activated on Collector.
- For Data Export, only activated on Collector, not on Central Manager.
Hyper-V Install Guardium Procedure
- Start the Hyper-V Manager and connect to your Hyper-V server.
- In the pane, select to begin the New Virtual Machine wizard. Click .
- You may select and provide the path to your data store, if appropriate.Click when done.
- Specify Generation of the virtual machine: Select and click .
- Assign memory: Verify that the allocated RAM meets the minimum system requirements. Leave the option unchecked and click .
- Configure Networking: Select your virtual switch and click . Note that hardware may differ and there may be multiple choices.
- Specify the path to the virtual disk. Verify that the size of the virtual hard disk meets the minimum system requirements. Click .
- DVD Installation: select and choose the correct drive letter. .ISO Installation: select and browse to your image file. Click .
- Complete installation: Verify all selected options in the box. Click to create the virtual machine and close the wizard.
- Open Console: Select your new virtual machine from the virtual machines pane and click .
- Click on .
- Select . Move IDE to the top of the .
- Select the section. Allocate the minimum number of virtual processors needed based on your system requirements.
- Expand the section. Select in the subsection and change the Maximum amount of memory (MB) to the assigned memory entered in the step 5.
- Select the section and click on the button.
- Optionally, in the pane below the pane, you may set up your preferences for Automatic Start up and Stop Actions.
- Click and if there are no warnings, click . Click the green button to start your virtual machine.
- Install your Guardium system. For more information see Installing your Guardium system. Power down after installation.
- On the Hyper-v virtual machine console, open .
- On the pane, expand the section and select the subsection. Configure the by selecting the radio button. Click and .
- Power on your virtual Guardium system.