- copy the Sophos Enterprise Console to the Server (ProdInstall\Sophos\Sophos Console\sec_5.1.exe)
- check if you are able to connect to the infrastructure server like this:
- A webpage like this should be shown to you:
The important folder is the Warehouse, it contains the files which are necessary for the Sophos Antivirus updates.
- If Sophos Antivirus is already installed, you have to uninstall the component “Sophos Remote Management System”
- Make Sure, the component Microsoft SQL Server 2008 is installed (must be for WSUS)
- Create 2 users for Sophos Enterprise Console.
Both user have to be created local or if possible as domain accounts with “password never expires” and “User cannot change password”, like in these screenshots.
Steps to Installation of Sophos Enterprise Console:
Run sec_5.1.exe and follow the instructions as seen at these screenshots:
- Sophos Enterprise Console quick startup guide (5.2)
- Sophos Enterprise Console advanced startup guide (5.2)