|Cisco Device Mini USB Port|
Cisco has added mini usb port into their products for many years.
The key to use this port is to get a right cable. At most situations we are using regular RJ45 console port with a USB to Serial Adapter connecting to your computers. Occasionally, you may need to have another console access for your multiple person’s troubleshooting console access. Some devices may still have AUX port. For 2960x switches, AUX port is gone.
|RJ-45 Console Cable with USB Adapter|
If you would like to use mini usb port, you will have to find a USB to mini usb cable such as below.
|Cisco Mini USB Console Cable|
|Cisco Router’s Back Ports|
|Cisco Mini USB Console Cable connecting Cisco Router to Laptop|
2. Install Cisco USB Console drivers on your computer:
You may need to reboot your computer.
3. Confirm the COM port number:
In this case, it is using COM6 port.
4. Set up Serial access using PuTTy
5. Console Outputs once connected successfully.
- USB console is taking precedence before Rj45 console access for input.
- Update Driver manually if it is not working properly.
Techno Tip: Did you know? Now you can load/access your favorite windows applications/games into the cloud with windows 7 virtual desktop from CloudDesktopOnline. For hosted SharePoint and hosted software products visit www.Apps4Rent.com.