1. Using Serial Port in the VMs running at Vmware Workstation
Named Pipe TCP Proxy is the one I am using on my laptop to connect to Named pipe on my Vmware Workstation VMs. The Configuration looks like following:
- Virtual Machine’s Settings
- Named Pipe TCP Proxy’s Settings
- SecureCRT’s Settings
2. Using Serial Port in the VMs running on ESXi
In ESXi, it is already built-in feature for Vms.
- ESXi VM’s Settings – Near End is set to Com1 and Server mode, waiting windows serial client to connect to it
- Windows 7 VM’s Settings – There are four serial port added , and Serial port 1 has been set to Com1 as a client.
- SecureCRT’s Serial Connection setting